You must have heard of the numerous health benefits of carrots. But did you know that carrots can be extremely beneficial for the skin? Face masks can be made from them to nourish your skin in a natural way.
In today’s world where we are living and breathing in a polluted environment which is damaged due to harmful chemicals and gases you need to do a little more care about your health and looks.
When was the last time you looked into the mirror? Our daily chores keep us so engaged that we tend to ignore even looking at our face .
Face is the mirror of your looks and you give more attention in taking care of the face. One successful way to add more radiance and luster to your face would be to go for a herbal or natural facial mask. In fact, toady’s favorite are herbal cosmetics which are based on natural items as fruits, vegetables, grains etc.
Carrot facial mask is one that is preferred for normal and oily skin. It involves little effort, so try it!
- 2-3 large carrots
- 4 and a half tbsp honey
1. Cook the carrots
2. After cooling mash them
3. Mix it with honey to make a paste.
4. Stir 1 tbsp of olive oil and squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon juice into the face mask mixture
5. Mix mineral water to provide the face mask with a creamy consistency. However, don’t add too much of water as the face mask would then become too watery.
6. Gently apply over your face
7. Leave it on for 15 minutes
8. When dry, rinse off with cool water
Observe the results and be assured to use this mask as often as you can.
Here are some facts you need to know before confirming why you can depend on his method for the best results.
1. Since carrots contain invaluable nutrients like glucose, iron, copper, Vitamins C, D, E, K and most importantly carotene, face masks made made of carrot can help in nourishing the skin in a natural radiant way.
2. The skin loses charm as it is constantly exposed to the severities of nature.
3. Honey is made of components like, fructose, glucose, water, enzymes, minerals, vitamins and amino acids which is again very essential for the skin.
4. While olive oil will help in nourishing and cleaning the skin, lemon is a natural astringent which helps in cleaning the greasy skin.
Carrot Face Mask is extremely beneficial for people with oily skin and it also helps in preventing wrinkles, thereby retaining your youthful look. In addition, it protects the skin from free radicals thereby promoting the regeneration of healthy skin cells.
Your hair stands to benefit from carrots as well. Carrots are especially effective for dry and damaged hair.
- Simply boil carrots and blend them in a mixer. Then beat an egg and some yogurt and add the blended carrot to it. Apply this on your hair and keep it on for about an hour. Then wash it off with warm water to revel soft hair.
You can also nourish neglected and dry hair with a carrot and avocado hair treatment.
* Grate a carrot, put it in a glass measuring cup, and cover it with olive oil. Put the cup in a saucepan of boiling water, cook it for 1 hour, and strain.
Mix the carrot oil with a mashed ripe avocado, apply it to the hair, and leave it for 1 hour before your rinse it off.
Want to know more about carrots for your skin, hair and beauty?
Then, post your question below.
Tweet me in Tweeter and follow me on Facebook.
Yours truly, Polly – Organic Gardener